From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:10:35 -0400
Hi guys

Today, I have decided to just throw out the dusters and keep the vac.
(To suck up the poop with).  I bought a pretty dish with smelly stones in
it from, how can I say this without offending someone - uhhmm - a company
that delivers the product to your door.  There.  It was blue, my favorite
color, and smelled wonderful.

With a house full of fur kids, and none of them wearing deodorant, I
thought it would be nice.  I spend my time making everyone as clean as I
can make them; my cat box has clean litter sprinkled with baking soda;
the ferrets are in yesterday's news, the birds have clean paper towels
(they absorb better than newspaper) with sand, but the 95 degree plus
heat in New England,and the humidity had each scent vying for top place.

I bought an air filter, $300.  but the breeze made one of my 'delicate'
ferrets sick.  Any draft, and she gets a cold.  Sigh.  At my house, we
do better with dirty air.

I unwrapped my dish and set it out, way up on the top shelf of the
whatnot shelf, out of everyone but the birds reach, and in spite of all,
after a week, my home began to have a strange, seductive scent, not
unlike earthy flowers and exotic plants.  The scent carried me off to
romantic islands with cool shade trees and beautiful flowers.

Then one of my hospice gals began to sneeze, I thought she had a cold.
This morning, I was all stuffed up.  My head felt like Jell-O.  My eyes
watered, the nose just dripped, the sinus was irritated, but through it
all, we were smelling sweet.  And, it all cleared up when I went out for
milk and tomatoes.

I'm not usually sick, but today, I couldn't stand the smell anymore.  It
was just a hint of a scent, but when I came in from town, it really hit
me.  It was all I could smell.  Out went the dish, after the many fore
runners, some candles,those plug ins, several mists, the wizard, (that
one really made me sick, I sure didn't look like the gal on the TV) and
some others.

By night fall, we were all fine again, and smelling like ferrets and
cats, with an occasional blast of dog gas thrown in for good measure.
The sneezing stopped, the nose stopped, and I am back keeping house
again, one step ahead of the Board of Health.  SIGH.

I am writing you my adventures so you can be forewarned.  If any of
your fuzzies have sudden colds, sneezes, or the blahs, check your air
fresheners.  Here at Ledoux Hopice, we will continue to have natural
air, heavy with the scent of whoever is running through the room at
the moment.  No body lives here now but me and the gang, and while man
made fragrance seems to bother me, if my gal Charity sprays me, it is
compatible with my constitution.  Although nobody has ever asked me what
I was wearing.  When the children, (the two legged variety) were small,
we had a farm.  I had goats milk for my husbands health.  I also had
a Billy goat for the convenience of my does, then I kept him at stud.
UH HUH, all you farm gals know what I'm talking about.  For the City
Slickers, NOTHING covers that odor.  I have to say that the scent around
here now, is a BIG improvement.  I guess it is Love me, Love my fur kids.

This post is to alert you that if you use those sweet scents, and your
kids have the blahs, the fresheners may be irritating your fuzzies.
Check it out.  I'm not a Vet, just me, sharing my personal experience
with you all.

Marilyn