Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 19:42:11 -0800
The local pet store where I got my Katie, 3+ years ago, has a pretty good
setup.  They have a two sided counter in one corner, making a *corral* out
of the corner.  Then they have a big shelf along the back wall where their
ferret cages sit.  This keeps the ferrets out of reach of ALL customers,
unless one of the employees goes thru the back room and out a little door
into the *corral* area, and takes them out for the customer to see.  They
don't let kids hold them w/o a parent being there, and they do warn that
they will nip.("like kittens & pups")

This solution seems to work very well, ...now if only I could convince them
not to use wood shavings!(Pine) OH well!!

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"