From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:37:44 -0500
For bosses day I took the plunge and made a special treat "puppy chow".
It was a hit at work and at home. :-)  Of course humans and ferrets should
be limited in amount consumed of this sweet treat.

1/2 bag milk chocolate or butterscotch morsels (do not use baking or dark
chocolate as they contain more theobromine which is the ingredient that
is toxic to dogs)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 box/bag plain Cheerios
1/2 - 1 cup powdered sugar

melt chocolate or butterscotch and peanut butter, mix with cheerios then
sprinkle and mix with powdered sugar.  The more powdered sugar the less
likely the treat is to stick together.

Watch ferret noses in the air and give treat in moderation only.  Can keep
refrigerated for a few days.

I can make this sweet treat as gifts and keep a bit for the ferrets too.

Anyone else like Sonic's vanilla dr pepper?  I really like them and so
does Archie, but we have to stir it with a finger first so the fizz is
gone or he dumps the little saucer.  I've been having them more often
since Archie likes them.  What torture. ;-)

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity