From:
ERIKA MATULICH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 19:02:19 -0600
A new ferret (as yet unnamed) has joined Sasha and Misty. The new girl is a
sable, Marshall Farms (tatooed ear), with a pink nose who got lost in a FFZ
(several suburb cities around DFW are FFZ) and was going to be destroyed.
She is very sweet and was extremely vocal when meeting Sasha and Misty (lots
of ferret chuckles and "dooks.")  I was unsure of how the one-year-olds would
react to an older ferret (the new one is maybe 2 or 3, guessing by teeth
coloration and wear) and who would be "alpha."  Basically, Misty inspected
the new ferret, refused to play, and wanted to be held by Mom, while Sasha
puffed up like a bottle-brush, lashed her tail, and RAN!  After awhile, they
all settled down to mutual inspection and seemed to get along OK.  Rabies and
distemper shots are scheduled shortly.

On another note, I called 1-800-ferretw to get a ferretware catalog and the
operator mentioned she had heard about a large ferret-breeders conference to
be held in the Dallas-Fort Worth TX area this May, but had no further
information.  Does anybody out there know anything more about this?

Thanks!
Erika, Misty, Sasha, and the new girl.