From:
Jeanne Pomp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:49:40 GMT
First I want to thank those who emailed me in response to my ferret dilemm
a a couple weeks ago about my fuzzbutt gettin' all weird on me when we
moved... He is great now, better than ever!

He does this "flicking" thing with his tail now, I've never seen it before,
just something new I guess..

He also won't play with any toys I've bought him since the move... They all
go under the baker's rack, that's where they belong, "don't move 'em, don't
touch 'em, don't look at 'em!!!"  He flips his little furry lid when I take
them out of their hiding spot!

ANYWAYS..... I have a new problem... My (EX) fiance bought the little
critter from a pet store at Christmas time last year.  They said he had
been neutered, had his shots, blah-blah-blah.

Well, I have never taken Baby to the vet, he's never had any physical
health problems.  Thick shiny fur, clear nose & eyes, big ol' appetite...
But I've had him for going on a year, and I thought I should get him in
for a checkup, update shots, blah-blah-blah.  I call the ex, and ask for
any papers he got when he bought the fert.  He said he didn't recieve any.
So I called the pet store.  They said that they don't keep any records on
ferrets at all.  So I have no way of knowing if he did in fact get his
first set of shots, and if so, how did he react?  I have no way of knowing
exactly how old he is, or where he came from.  I asked the pet store why
that is, and I was told since they're just "pet store ferrets" and not for
"showing" that they didn't keep any records.  That just does not sound
right to me.  I found a fert-vet in my area and made an appointment for
Saturday morning.  When I told them about not having any documentation at
all & the reason that I was given, they agreed that it sounded wrong.
Has anyone else ever heard anything like this???

We're going in on Saturday, and the vet said that he would space the shots
2 weeks apart in case of a reaction, and if he has a bad reaction right
away he will be able to give him something immediately to counteract that.
I feel like the absolute worst fertmom in the world!

Jeanne &
Baby the WonderFuzz