From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:12:25 +0000
Hello Everyone,

This is a simple test to see if you understand the Celtic attitude and
humor.

In Ireland, the national university has on it's main sign, under it's name a
statement that they consider English a second language.

If you do not understand why this would make a Celt proud and chuckle, you
are probably not Celt.  For further study, I recommend the movie "The
Commitments."  Warning-it does contain language that may be offensive to
some.  Like any good Celt.  If you are still unsure of the Gaelic nature,
then read Scottish history.  I'll give you a hint, the Romans couldn't
control them, so they built a wall to keep them in Scotland.  After that,
it's hopeless.

For an insight into me, if you just think I might be upset or mad, I am
probably frustrated.  Trust me, you will have absolutely no trouble
recognizing when I am mad.  I am of the clan Armstrong, my family came to
America by way of Ulster from Scotland.  Why Ulster?  English couldn't
control us so they kicked us out.  I am Scottish and English on one side and
German and Irish on the other.  I am anything but a pushover.

I found out this morning that the Body Shop's banana shampoo works wonderful
on ferrets.  Nicky was rather messy due to his limited bowel and bladder
control, as happens occasionally.  So when he decided to shower with me, I
lathered him up and rinsed him off under the spray.  He loved it!  It was
really cute, I was holding him close to the showerhead, and he would duck
his head in and out of the water.  I think it felt good to him.  Then I held
him and let him watch me rinse out my hair.  He had a look like "Oh, you
like it too Mom?"

Also, the San Diego Zoo has an email card site that includes mustelids.  All
very cool.  But I must say, the gorilla cards are great too!

Margaret, still stubborn after all these years

--
WARNING: the preceeding post could contain humor disguised as satire.
All things seemingly serious are not neccessarily so.  If unsure, reread.