From:
WarpDrive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:18:20 -0500
>Does anyone know where I can find pellets for a wood burning stove
>in the NJ area?  I am in Northern NJ.  I thought maybe it would be
>cheaper to use as a litter then the feline pine.

Hi Jess, this time of the year would be hard to find wood pellets
because of the warmer season.  However I do not use them any more because
a friend of mine and I both noticed that our ferrets were loosing their
tail hair.  I have since learned that as they grind up the wood for the
pellets, they grind up poison ivy, poison oak, and any thing else on the
tree.  Plus they add glue to bond the saw dust together.  Now that we quit
using wood pellets their hair is growing back.  Wood pellets may not be
the best thing to use.

Duane

WarpDriveDuane & Linda Watts
and the ferret crew
Bandit, Mindy, Ann, Spook, Podo, Blaze, and Sugar
and Mandy at the bridge
with Sabrina (our dog)
Logansport, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth