Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:46:22 -0400
I may need an intervention ferret folks. I might need "help" and I mean
soon. I woke up to read the FML yesterday and saw Robin's post about
www.FerretsMagazine.com. I hadn't checked the new site out yet and I
finally had the time to do so. She was right, it was really fun.

Anyway, as I was clicking my way through ferretland, I had remembered
seeing several emails in my box from some critter club off of the
SmallAnimalsChannel.com. Ah, it's connected to the Ferrets online mag.
Sigh. I'll bite. So I found the link to see what this nifty thing was
that my friends had begun to play with,
http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/club-critter/default.aspx .

Usually, I don't have time nor bother with webjunk. But, my friends
took the time to send me invites, so ... I had a look-see. A coffee and
toast, four butter cream cookies, a Hershey's chocolate bar and two
banana's later ... I was still at my computer because of this little
club off the magazine! I was just washing down that last banana with
some coke, when my 19 year old son walked in and saw me still in my
morning scrubs sitting in the middle of wrappers and cups at my
computer. I froze with embarrassment as he leaned over and gazed at the
monitor to see what was so important that nothing had been done with my
day yet. Could it have something to do with the poor ferret in Erie, Pa
off YouTube? Maybe a transport is being organized for FERRET. Or maybe
I had a deadline and I was writing something brilliant! No, no, and uh
... no. "Are you KIDDING ME?!" he shouted at the site of a cartoon
ferret body and its' body parts hovering around the page as I
customized each one. "Are you kidding me?!" What could I say? So, I
just kept working on my little project and hoped he would go away. As I
was putting the face on my virtual ferret avatar, he grabbed my mouse,
and snorted, "That doesn't' look like Meeka Crackers, Crackhead!" And
several clicks later, the mess was looking more like a cute little
ferret. A kitchen chair was pulled up and then we got creative using
shapes to make this and that on our picture as well. We had quite a few
giggles with our adolescent humor. Then it was done. My masterpiece.
Now that Crackers was done, I could let her out in her virtual park. I
could go collect virtual friends for her and put them in her park. Oh
happy joy joy ... what's that? What's that?! I can get her a ball? Omg.
I can get points? Rewards? Gasp! Look, look, look, some ferret stranger
came in and posted on her blog! By 4:30pm I realized how badly I wasted
the day. I thought I should do something constructive like the laundry,
yard, showering ... yeah, showering is good. But I had yet to read
Bob's article, learn about DIM, or laugh at Alex. Ah, the day's over
anyway. Pfft. Why be a quitter? I don't want to be a quitter .. click
click click ...
Wolfy