From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 22:01:11 -0500
Hi all--
Well, recently I discovered Amelia's been pooping under the bed, so I've
been doing intensive litterbox training with her, giving her a treat every
time she uses the box.  If I catch her backing up into a corner, I'll scoop
her up, put her in the box, and give her a treat after she's done her
business.  So, this evening, I'm sitting in the living room and Amelia trots
in, heading straight to a corner we've been having a little argument about.
She waited til she caught my eye, and then deliberately backed up, tail in
the air.  I yelled "Oh no you don't" and plunked her in the litterbox.  She
pooped, and as I gave her the treat, I realized-- I'd been suckered!  She's
trained me to carry her to the litterbox when she has to go and then give
her a treat!!!  You can't win!!!

Regina (Doh!)
and Amelia (*smirk*)

Regina Harrison
PhD Student, Anthropology
Joint Co-ordinator, AGSEM-- McGill's TA union
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing" --Peggie Lee