From:
"H. R. Buckley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 1995 23:03:29 -0500
Hello FML'ers. Margaret and I have been lurking for a few weeks and think
it is time we introduced ourselves and our fuzzies. We live in Jasper Ontario,
a very small town 80 km south west of Ottawa; and are priviledged to share
our house with Smokey (mostly white with some black silver mit male),
Pixie (butterscotch and chocolate sable female), Boots (a strikingly hansome
silver and grey silver mit male), and our newest Ping (tan and black sable
female). We fondly remember Bandit, Oscar and Mooch who have each in turn
crossed the Rainbow Bridge (we have not seen the poem, but would love to
have a copy if someone could let me know where I can get it, back issue etc).

We normally keep our fuzzies in what we call their 'split level' cage. A
rabbit cage with a home made, two story attachment. But until Ping is
accepted, at least until she has recovered from her near future spay/descent
operation, she is in the rabbit cage with a 'nest box' attached to the side.
The other three are cozy in the now detatched, attachment. I know some of
you are lucky and confident enough to let the carpet sharks have the run of
your homes. Even though we have ferret proofed (now there is an oxymoron)
our house, since we have a 120lb lap dog, two cats and rooms full of trouble,
we feel comfortable knowing they are in their 'safe house' with food, water,
blankets, etc.

We have been reading tons of FMLs after some time away at Christmas, so I
don't know off hand who sent the story a friend who crawled into a box spring
through the bottom liner but... Ours used to do the same thing to my old
arm chair. Margaret fixed the liner with better stitching. Now they wait
until I sit down to watch TV with a cup of tea in hand. One or another will
dive quick as a wink beside the cushion and under the arm (which is hollow).
The ferret has hours of fun exploring all through the inside of the chair,
while I have to wait. Without my weight, the springs rebound and close the
entry route. Several times I have had to use my fingers as bait to tempt
them out so I could go to bed.

We really enjoy reading the FML, stories from far away, new information and
similar experiences. I can't wait until my net access channel supports a
graphical web browser so I can check out the ferret web site pictures. We
have the cutest picture of Smokey standing proud on top of a pile of
Christmas presents.

Best wishes in the new year from:
Margaret, Richard,           (people people)
Smokey, Pixie, Boots, Ping,  (ferret people)
Spenser,                     (120lb ferret err.. dog person)
Candice and Charlie          (cats who wonder where their quiet life went)