From:
"Melissa E. Furash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 02:36:52 -0500
Hi all, many people have been asking about flying with fuzzies so I thought
I would share my experiences.  We have flown several times with 2 and 3
ferrets on Delta.  If your fur-kids are small (MF ferrets...mine are) you
can fit two ferrets in one of those under the seat carriers and...get
this...have a litter pan too!  Just take a tupperware container (the size I
think they recommend for ice-cream gallons) that can be found in almost any
supermarket.  Drill a hole on each side (the narrow side) and get 2 long
screws, 2 BIG flat washers and 2 of those butterfly nuts.  Place tubber ware
in carrier, stick bolts through from inside carrier and on the outside
secure with washers and nuts.  This works really well.  My babies enjoyed
having a porta-potty (although every flight started with me convincing one
of them not to sleep in it.

Ferret-proofing under cabinets.
For the cabinets in my bathroom I went to Home Depot and bought a length of
clear, plastic carpet runner and A STAPLE GUN (a girls gotta have her tools
ya know).  I stapled the runner under the cabinet toe space horizontally and
then vertically paying special attention to the corners.  Then I trimmed the
edge with ordinary scissors and voila...Guest standing in the bathroom can't
see the plastic but it keeps the ferts out of the holes.  ALSO You can
staple-gun a plastic tarp to the underside of a box-spring to keep the
critters out of there too.  I LOVE MY STAPLE GUN!!!!!!

Snow-Bubba-Bear
This boy is great.  We have been taking him everywhere (local fairs, window
shopping, etc.) He is so good, he just sleeps in my arms and looks around.
I have found though that I have to be very firm about letting people only
touch his back.  I tell them that he can catch colds and germs from humans
and usally this works but every so often... I've learned that saying NO to
people isn't too hard.  :) Now I have a question BOB C, I know you must have
an idea (or anyone else too...Zen???) WHY DO FERRETS DOOK?  Bear is VERY
vocal, especially when play hunting my hands.  None of the others talk much
but this boy loves to dook.  Any ideas?

Sorry this was soo long BIG, I hope something may help others in this great
learning experience we call the Domesticated Ferret (although I think they
have domesticated us, not the other way around)

Melissa
Meeko, Percy, Snoopy Psycho Ferret and Snow-Bubba-Bear