From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 10:00:36 -0700
Hi --

Our ferret situation is a great deal better. We now have only three,
but two are doing well, and one is recovering.

Still, some problems persist -- Can you help?

A few days ago, after abt 3 weeks of coccidia treatment, plus abt a
week of stomach coater, I took our three ferrets off those Rxs.

My internet reading seems to indicate ECE in two ferrets. I started
them on 125-strength Amox, .5 2xday.

Should the third be treated phrophylactically?

All were on Amoxi a couple-few weeks ago. How do ferrets do long-term
on antibiotics? How abt sulfa drugs?

The obviously sick one, Lucy, is also being hydrated subQ. She is
improving. Good poops, gaining weight.

She'd had green mucous-coated poop. LAter at least one yellow one. She
was losing a lot of weight and got lethargic.

Rico looks and acts fine. But he's has had yellow-y birdseed poop abt
10 days w no improvement. He is eating constantly. He is 4.

What do you siggest for him? Any advice for Lucy?

Otherwise (a massive otherwise) life is good here in Addis.