Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:45:47 -0800
Thank you for all the warm thoughts and notes that were sent when we
lost our two angels, Zoomie and Hannibal.  Although each note brought
more tears, they also helped to bring warm and happy memories.

We are happy to announce that it appears that Zoomie and Hannibal sent us
an angel to help fill the missing holes in our home and hearts.  Sunday
evening I received a call to pick up an abandoned ferret.  This new guy
is a very beautiful, probably 1 year old, dark sable boy.  As we started
to interact with him we discovered he had the speed and agility of
Zoomie, but the gentleness of Hannibal.

One of our fellow FML's suggested we call him Gabriel, since he appeared
to be an angel sent by Zoomie and Hannibal.  The name does appear to fit.
The only problem is I usually end up picked two syllable nicknames for
them.  Makes it easier to make sure they hear you when you call them.
(whether they pay attention or not is another story).

We will probably work on introductions between Half Pint and Gabriel this
weekend.  We wanted to give Half Pint some time to adjust to missing her
brother and sister before giving her another shock.

Thank you again to all you FML'ers for being there to share the joys and
sorrows of being owned by ferrets.

Chris