From:
Violette Malomay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:13:08 EST
I have to put my . 02 in.  As for your ferrets bonding with you.  I guess
we have been lucky.  All of ours, except to newest have bonded well with
us.  They all give kisses, greet me at the door when I come home for work
and love to climb up and snuggle.  Still working with the youngest.  We are
very hands on people.  There isn't a time when one of them walks be us that
we don't scope them up and hug and snuggle then.  Then, of course, we love
getting on the floor and playing games with them.  To teach them all to
kiss, we did kind of cheat.  We put ferretone on the tip of our nose or
lips and they lick it off.  They eventually caught on.  Love those ferret
kisses.

Funnel cages: I have two.  We have 6 ferrets and I wanted something big
enough for them to stay in at night and during the time when we are not
home.  Wanted to make sure they had plenty of room to play.  We connected
these two cages together.  They were that way for two years.  Only once
did we loss part of one of the tunnels -- our fault.  I didn't put it back
together correctly after I cleaned it.  The kids loved them.  We now have
them in one big (huge) cage, due to the fact that two cages took up way too
much of our livingroom.  These cages are now available for donation, if
anyone is interested.  I hate to see them go to waste.  (Seattle, WA area)

Love those fuzzies, keep them forever in your hearts when they are gone.
They are such a wonder to behold.
Vi, Michael and the gang of six.