From:
Jennifer Hodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 12:18:17 -0400
>Exotic doesn't mean "wild" or "non-domestic".  The AcmePet site for example
>has in their "exotic" category - llamas and pygmy goats (we happen to have
>both and neither is wild - goats are second only to dogs in when they were
>domesticated) Oh they moved their ferret section into their exotic section.
>They also have pot bellied pigs and rabbits which are not seen as "wild",
>just ... well ... exotic (or uncommon)
>          http://www.acmepet.com/

Hi, Ive been listening to this for a while, and so I decided to check out
the acmepet web site.  I couldn't find ferrets ANYWHERE on the site.  I did
a search on their site for ferrets, and i came up with one page that said it
was getting moved to the exotic pets area, tried there, and couldn't find
anyting.

As far as exotic meaning unique, well, IMHO, each pet is unique... each has
their own special personalities and no two animals are the same, just like
no two humans are the same.  You know, if humans were classified as
"domestic" or "exotic" I wonder which "breeds" would be exotic?  Food for
thought.

Anyway, for those who saw my post the other day, my two little kits, Yin
and Yang are doing wonderfully!  They are learning to hop, and have figured
out that they LOVE raisins!  (big suprise there) If they hear the rasin
box, they come "running?" over as best they can on their little wobboly
baby feet.  I still miss Freckles, but these two help ease the pain a bit.

Oh, anyone know of any ferret clubs in the upstate NY area?  I'm in
Rochester myself??  Info on this would be helpful!  Have fun out there in
Ferret land!

Song and her two little fuzzies, Yin & Yang