From:
Al Wiebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:01:03 EST
A query of sorts....

Two days ago I think my wife and I might have given our little female,
Layla, too many raisins.  Derek, our male, won't touch them; only solid
food with a salad dressing of a few drops of Ferretone.  That evening and
yesterday she seemed to be exceptionally hyper, running all around the
house aimlessly.  Back and forth.  Back and forth.  She also seemed to be
awake more than normal.  She seemed to want to find a place to urinate or
poop but gave up immediately.  Needless to say, we were concerned.

So, yesterday we cut back on the treats and she had but two or three
raisins.  The same today.  (As you can imagine, she wasn't too pleased
with this new diet but continued eating her solid food).  She urinated
and pooped last evening, normal in all respects.  Same today.

Today, same diet.  Just a raisin or two.  We've also cut back on the
Ferretone to just a few drops on the finger when they go back in their
cage.  She is back to normal again.  At least it appears so.  Guess I'll
sleep better tonight also.

Could too many raisins have given her this "high?"  She scarfs down raisins,
banana and grapes, but will always chose raisins first.  So, she's on a
reduced octane.

Also, would an excess of Ferretone have similar effects?  They've never
shown any such reactions to it in the past.  I think the only thing out of
normal was the amount of raisins she had in one day.

But, she sure was hyper over something.

Al Wiebe