From:
Thomas Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 23:59:06 -0800
Hi!
My name is Monica and I am new to the FML and what I have seen so far I
love!!  I love all the humor and the good advice!  Keep up the good work!

I am owned by two female ferrets, Fruitloop (8mths old) and AppleJax (8
weeks old).  I have a couple of questons concerning my babies.  I have been
reading that cat food is ok to feed to ferrets, as long as it is high in
protein.  Well the pet store that I got AppleJax at, the lady there said
that cat food causes liver damage because it is too high in protein!  Is she
just stupid or is everything else I have read about ferrets and cat food
false!  If it is ok to feed it to ferrets, what is the best kind?  Also,
Fruitloop is acting weird ever since we brought the new one in.  At first
she hissed all the time, now she does play with the baby, but then like 20
minutes later she is sound asleep!  Is this normal behavior??  I have tryed
to find some info on it but I have come up with nothing!

My last question envolves shelters.  I live in Charlotte, North Carolina.  I
found one shelter listed on the internet and none in the local phone book.
I e-mailed the shelter here in town but it got returned.  If there is anyone
out there in FML Land that knows of a shelter in Charlotte I would like to
get the address!  Also I was wondering if anyone knows how to start a
shelter, laws, requirements etc!

Any information would be helpful!  I would really love to get involved in
the ferret "business"!  If anyone has any info that has to do with any of
the above questions feel free to e-mail me!

Thanks!!!

Monica and the Terrible Twosome!