From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 00:02:36 -0500
I finally got hold of my sister who lives in Kuwait.  So far she has no
specific plans to leave the country.... The British schools there haven't
closed, and they think the Americans were overreacting to close theirs.
A friend of hers kids about having front row seats for the war.  She was
interviewed by the Washington Post last Monday and the article appeared
in Tuesday's paper.  It is titled 'Anxious Americans Set to Leave Kuwait'
but Jackie doesn't sound anxious at all.  Just her usual humorous self.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21130-2003Feb3.html

I know it seems very different to actually live in a country that is used
to being threatened by their neighbors.  They are used to scares when the
Iraqis have a troop buildup on the border, for one thing.  And I don't
really worry about her house being shelled.  But I had a lot to say to
her about everything we don't know about chemical and biological warfare.

I thank everyone very much for your prayers.  My prayer request now is
that she make the right decision to get out if she is in danger.  It is
very hard to leave her home and job and her entire life behind, with no
money to live on while they wait out the war.  But it would be worse if
something happened to her or her wonderful husband and children....

Thank you
Judith