From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:24:59 -0400
For the Black Footed Ferret fans out there, there is a web cam at the
Smithsonian National Zoo on a new mama BFF's nest box.  It is SOOO cute
to see mama grooming, eating and going potty and the tiny baby crawling
around!

http://natzoo.si.edu/Animals/SmallMammals/
(Windows Media Player required)

I received the following in reply to my request for more info on the
ferrets in view.

>The black-footed ferret on the webcam is 'Alphe' #3510 (born June 2001).
>She was artificially inseminated with fresh sperm from the #1 male
>'Badger' (the most valuable male in the SSP) on April 17; the kit was
>born on May 29.
>
>Glad you enjoy watching!

There is also a fascinating article on the BFF recovery effort at
http://natzoo.si.edu/Publications/ZooGoer/2000/5/blackfootedferrets.cfm

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH