From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 21:30:47 EDT
Hi.  My name is Lyra.  I'm Paw paw and Mee Maw's daughter who is visting
them.  I live in Wisconisin with my hubby and two little girls.  I had lots
of fun today reading some of Paw's ferret mail.  I also got to meet Odie for
the first time.  He is just too cute.  I'm glad that Tater has somebody to
play with since me and the girls moved out.

Paw has decided to take care of getting used to this leg thing that he has.
He said he was not going to be writing any letter for awhile.  I asked him
if I could please write a letter to the ferret mail since I was here.  He
said OK so here I am.

This is so NEAT> I can see why he enjoys it so much.  I really liked the
letter about thinking healing thoughts about my Paw.  He's having a rough
time right now.  I didnt like the letter at the end from some guy who was
glad that Paw was gone from writing ferret letters.  I told him that he
should write a letter and say something really mean to the guy.  he told me
that he did not have time for that .  i kept pestering him and he finally
told me to send him something in TsaLaGi which is cherokee.  He said that
the guy could either figure it out or go away and leave my Paw and me alone.
Here it is -

a-da-dv-na-s-di ka-ne-tsv gv-do-di tla a-dv-gi-s-gv.s-gv.

He helped me with this part a lot.  He speaks cherokee better than I do.  I
broke the letters up with - so it would be easy to translate.

Sincerely - Lyra - Maw andPaw still call me Baby. i like that.

[Moderator's note: If I could understand Cherokee I have a feeling I would
have to delete this post.

But perhaps it's justice.  I really screwed up last night - it was after 2am
and I moved the "baby talk" post to the end as usual - but without bothering
to scrutinize it.  There... the FML was finished and I could go to sleep.
Had I been paying attention I never would have let it through - it was
totally inappropriate to use the FML to insult others in that fashion.
Please accept my apologies.  BIG]