Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:30:18 -0500
Hey everyone!  Need a little help for Buffalina, my little white girl.
(I'm posting this to the FML and the FAIML in case there are subscribers
not on both lists.  I'd post to the ADV list, but I think most of you are
on the FML already.)

Buffy is a MF DEW around 4 years old.  I've had her for a little over a
year.  She's a people ferret, not so keen on other ferrets, but tolerates
a "few".  She loves to give kisses and be held.  She was rescued from a
breeder with horrible conditions so I have no idea what "all" she went
through before I adopted her.  I know she just had left adrenal surgery
when I adopted her and all her hair grew back, but the tail never filled
in.  Now her tail is pretty much hairless and she's itching which indicates
to me adrenal again or it could be just seasonal hair loss on the tail.
She has a lump/tumor on her right side.  It could be right adrenal, but
won't know without opening her up.  She also has an enlarged spleen.

She has an odor in that she doesn't "smell" like a ferret.  My vet said
she smelled like urine, that maybe one of her kidneys wasn't functioning
properly.  She does drink and pee a lot.

My options are blood test, ultra sound, and/or surgery.  I'm going to
get the blood work done for sure and go from there.  My problem is I'm
concerned about doing surgery because she's been exposed to ADV and I
don't want to compromise her.

Please if any of you have any experience with kidney problems, please let
me know!  I really appreciate it!

Condolences for the parents that have lost their munchkins to the bridge
and prayers for the sick and needy "God's Little Clowns" (as Rick calls
them)!

Thanks,
Mary and The 12 Munchkins
Buffy - What do you mean, Mom, I don't smell like a ferret?--I look like
one, well maybe a rat, but only because of my tail!