Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:39:48 EST
My mom is in ICU on a respirator with severe pneumonia.  I realize that
the ventilator is what is best for her while they fight the infection and
fluid build up, but it looks so absolutely awful and is so uncomfortable
for her.  She was in for two days struggling for breath before they
finally moved her to ICU.  The rest of my family seems afraid to talk
to her but she knows we are there, can hear us and will respond to
questions by nodding or shaking her head and I am able to communicate
quite well with her for little creature comforts that help...socks on
cold feet, ..hand massages....and some music in her room.  My aunt
snickers and shakes her head like I'm nuts when I talk to her.  My mom
is 70 but I've never seen her look her age until now.  Please keep her
in your thoughts and prayers.  If you wish to send a card, here is her
address:

Franklin Square Hospital
9000 Franklin Square Drive
Baltimore, MD  21237-3998
2 East ICU Room 8 Carolyn Murray.

Thanks all.

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Chesapeake Bay Ferret Rescue fka Somethin Up My Sleeve