From:
dwforgiven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 03:57:05 -0400
I run a rescue and my ferrets have free roam all the time. There is a
bedroom that is strictly a ferret room. At night and when I'm not home,
some of the ferrets are confined to that room, some are confined to
my room and others are left to be free roam in the rest of the house.
This prevents scuffles between them. The only time one is put in a
cage is if it is especially timid and needs more protection or if it's
especially aggressive and can't be out with others. My home is carpeted
and the ferret room was carpeted up until a few months ago. For the
house, I have pee pads and sheets down in key areas to help protect the
carpet and, of course, clean anything accidents right away. For the
ferret room, I placed indoor / outdoor carpet over the good carpet and
then sheets on top of that, as well as pee pads and newspaper in every
corner.

For toys specifically in the ferret room, I have a section of gutter
tubing, crinkle tubes, two different flexible tubes twisted into knots
and there's always a bag of some sort on the floor for them to check
out. There's also a stack of bedding for sale to adoptive families that
they can root through. As for tubing, the best price I've found is
through the link below. It's $4.75 per 8' tube when you order 12 or
more. http://www.bicwarehouse.com/clear-duct-100017.html

--
Debbie, Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue
Sponsor a rescue ferret for $5 a month!