From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:20:44 -0500
A few days ago Sukie wrote:
>The problem is that I am still to hear of any pandas or blazes that
>have lived beyond a too-short 6 and 3/4 years.  Anyone have any?

I wonder if my Sunny would count... She lived to reach almost exactly, but
just barely shy of, her 8th birthday.  Of course that's still too young
and I wish she had lived to 12, at least!  She was a Path Valley girl.
When she was young, she was a dark silver blaze with white mitts and a
bib.  As they often do, she became whiter and whiter as she aged and was
a snowy dark-eyed white in old age.  She was completely healthy unitl she
was 6 and developed insulinoma; she responded well to surgery and was
doing great regarding that disease.  But eventually dilated cardiomyopathy
was the end of her, although she did very well with treatment for a long
time.

I wish I had a better picture online of her when she was young and
sporting her blaze, bib, and mitts, but take a look at these pics to see
if she fits.  The first is when she was probably around 1 yr old, the
second is when she around 6, and the third is when she was 7.5:

http://www.unc.edu/~pjdutche/pictures/sunny.jpg

http://www.unc.edu/~pjdutche/pictures/willardandnub.jpg
(she's the smaller one of the two in this pic)

http://www.unc.edu/~pjdutche/sonic/nub2.jpg

-Pam S.