Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:40:34 -0600
I don't drink, but it would be interesting to, just once, see an
elaborated ferret.  I'll never forget as long as I live, a TV show
called "Animals Are Beautiful People, Too", in which a bunch of animals
in Africa get drunk once a year on fermented fruit.  I have never
laughed so hard in my life; I was sore for three days after that!

As for getting them stoned, although it would be interesting to see, I
couldn't bring myself to do that to my cats or ferrets.  They are goofy
enough as it is.

But, OTOH, when it comes to medical situations, it can have great
benefits (and it's too bad that the medical professions, both human and
animal, can't get past the old "taboo" about it).  I mentioned it's
potential use in posts before, and, as expected, no one would touch it
with a ten foot pole!

Nevertheless, it DOES have some positive medical uses, as you pointed
out.  Nothing is better for restoring appetite than getting stoned!  Not
totally zonked, mind you, but just a good "buzz".  Note: some pot just
puts one to sleep; that is not the kind that is needed (unless sleep is
what's needed).

I happen to suffer from Tinnitus; many do.  One of the problems chronic
Tinnitus sufferers encounter is insomnia.  It's hard to sleep when your
ears are SCREAMING!  I mentioned the use of pot to a group of Tinnitus
sufferers, but, as usual, they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Meanwhile, they are still crying about not getting any sleep!  Go figure.
But, even though insomnia hasn't been a particular problem for *me*, I
have found that a good buzz does indeed help in ignoring the noise and
getting some sleep.  Note: In my poverty situation, I can't eeeeeven
afford to buy it; if I have any, it was given to me, or I earned it in
some way.

As an alternative to anesthesia, it could be safer and have many
beneficial uses.  It doesn't necessarily have to "knock them out",
either - just calm them down.  Think how many procedures could be
accomplished, without anesthesia, if only they would calm down!  Just
stoned enough to stare; "Oh, wow man".  Heck, they might even learn to
enjoy things like having their teeth cleaned.

Just my thoughts on it.

Gary

P.S. Good wishes on your upcoming surgery!  :o)