From:
Danielle Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 13:07:05 +1000
Dear FML'ers,

Ollie has been really playing up the last couple of weeks and I can't
seem to get the behaviour to stop.  Ollie has just hit 7 months of age
and nothing is safe from this little monster.  Everything he was never
allowed to get into/play with etc, he has decided he wants.  Behind the
closet, in the chest of draws and inside the sofa are his favorite places
at the moment and if we're not trying to get into one of them, then he's
scratching his claws on my lounge.  Which he never used to do!!  It
doesn't matter how often I clip his nails either, he continues to do it!!
Fuzzy Little Monster that he is!

I can't get him to play with anything else, and on the rare occasion that
he will play with me or a toy, hiss attention span is that of 10 seconds.
I have tried to cage him, when he scratches etc, but the minute he gets
out he's straight back at it.  Spanking his little bum isn't working
either.

I have sprayed the lounge with everything he hates, but that doesn't
work for longer than 5 minutes!  I'm at my wits with what to do with him.
I've brought him new toys, a scratching post I put him next to when he
scratches the lounge, new treats, nothing works.  It just straight back
to what he's not meant to be doing.

Will he get better once I can get him fixed?

Any suggestions on how to control this behaviuor would be greatly
appreicated!!

Thanks!

Danni & Ollie 'the monster'