From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 09:49:51 EST
Hello

I have not ever responded to the FML tho' have been a "lurker" for years.
I am currently owned by 3 ferrets...Gus, Zak and Hope and godmother to
several others.  Firstly, I thank you all for this wonderful reading
material that keeps us on our toes where ferret care is concerned.
Secondly, my heart goes out to those of you who have lost their babies
in the past.  I lost 2 last year and I'm still getting teary-eyed so know
what you're feeling.

The reason I am finally raising my head here is that I read the initial
article on the Martha Stewart segment on ferrets.  I did not see the show
however, I forwarded the letter to a friend who runs a shelter.  She, in
turn, wrote directly to Marc.  I'd like to post his response to her simply
because he's asking the ferret world to write to the show to indicate just
how many people love and have ferrets.  He also answers her question as to
why he said to bathe a ferret every week.  It was a trade-off with Martha.

Here is her 2nd letter plus his 1st response.  (hope that makes sense to
you all!) Let's all write to Marc!!  Sounds like he's on the right track to
give positive information and feedback to the public on ferret ownership!

Dooks and kisses

Barb and the 3 whirling dervishes...Gus, Zak and Hope!