Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 15:29:50 -0400
In FFZ's likfe California their are two schools of thought on ferrets in
public.  Many are opposed to bring ferrets out in public at where at any
time.  Their have been stories of off-duty police officers following ferret
walkers home and getting the DA to raid them the next day.

I believe that carefully bringing ferrets around the public will help.  I
take my ferret out at random times, and pass out CDFA cards to anyone with
shows an interests or asks about getting one.  People have told me that they
had heard horrible things about ferrets, but that they can't be true after
holding a real one.  Many parents have been so excited that their children
can hold a ferret and learn something new.  When I tell people that Pete
Wilson doesn't belive that Californian should be allowed to own ferrets he
loses votes.

Brad Falk