From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:59:08 -0400
Dr. Weiss said, somewhat unrelated:

>It is important to not allow her to be too active or play the first 5
>days after surgery, so she does not pull out any sutures.

This was actually the most difficult part of the entire process when Friday
had her adrenal (right) gland removed.  After leaving Friday in her cage
for two days, she was a very grumpy girl.  Letting her out for short,
supervised periods of time didnt help much.  Grump!  Grump!  Grump!  So we
compromised, and i let her out for a while in an /utterly/ ferret-proofed
room - nothing for her to climb on or over.

Complications i had: The day after surgery, Friday (who was 1 yr at the
time) had a scratchy, hacking cough and raspy breathing.  Listening closely
could pinpoint the rattle as originating somewhere deeper than the
nose/mouth hiss or wheeze you hear when they're playing.  I called Dr.
Daldin back and got amoxi for a respiratory infection.  I may not remember
correctly, but i believe she said they'd had a tube in Friday's throat, and
that was possibly the origin of the infection.  At any rate, it didnt
hinder her recovery at all, and she didnt pull out any sutures.

Melissa, Potpie, Friday, Noodle

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!