From:
rebecca klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:36:27 -0800
>From:    Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: calm down, Sukie

>>so let's not freak out anywhere and cause harm with still-groundless
>>rumors.

>The only person FREAKING OUT - as far as I can tell - is you, Sukie.  So,
>have a drink, take a valium, dye your hair - whatever it takes to calm you
>down.  Most of us have enough common sense to take that post with a grain
>of salt.
>
>The VETS and other experts say that there is nothing that gives cause for
>panic at this point.]
>
>Good.  So let's all take their expert advice and not panic.

Actually, I couldn't agree with you more, Nancy.  I was planning on
posting about this but you beat me to it.  My real fear is that the plan
to dissuade people from panic, rumors and ADV speculation will backfire
and in fact cause a casual ignorance of the risks involved with NOT ADV
TESTING YOUR FERRETS.  Sooo, how about we don't panic, we don't spread
Marshall Farms ADV rumors but still ADV test?  Fair?  I thought so! :)

Sukie brought up the rumors and "WITCH-HUNTING" in the ferret community...
while I agree that there have definately been some rumors running about I
think the term WITCH HUNTING is a bit strong and indicates your complete
disabelief in some of the poster's genuine concerns and in the facts
involved with some of their problems and incidents.  I thought it was a
bit insensitive of you to use that term, Sukie.  Just my $.02.

JAX