From:
Signe Peerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:47:04 EST
First, thanks to the many people who wrote with advice and encouragement.
I treasured all your messages.

Bumble will be in the hospital for another day at least.  He has to get
his potassium level down, but everything else seems to be working fine.  We
visited him tonight and brought him Furrovite and Ferratone, and he chowed
down on those, but still refuses solid food.  He's on IVs, so probably
doesn't feel too much hunger right now.  I sat and held him for a long
time, and he gave me his special prolonged French kisses.  He's pretty
weak, his eyes looked tired, and he nearly fell asleep when I was holding
him....but at one point he did attempt to get his nose in my purse.

He's a pretty sore looking boy right now....shaved belly, lower back, neck
and forearms, and big blue stitches.  He's peeing out the center of his
tummy....his bare skin is so sad and helpless looking.  He was wearing one
of those little neck megaphone arrangements, but managed kisses just fine
despite it.

I hope with all my heart that he'll come home tomorrow night...I know he'd
be much happier with us, as long as the potassium thing is resolved.  I'm
going to make a big soft bed for him in my bedroom, as I don't think it
would be good for him to be with my three sprites yet, although there will
be supervised visits to lift his morale.  I think he really needs to get
his spirits up and not feel abandoned.  This is the first time he's been
away from home overnight since I bought him nearly six years ago.

The surgeon said there were no cysts or crystals, and no enlargement of the
adrenal glands, but everything will be sent in for further tests.  That's
really all I know for now...I wanted to talk with the surgeon more tonight,
although I talked with him three times on the phone today, but there were a
couple of emergency cases being attended to.

Thanks again to all who wrote, and I'll try to keep you each updated as
time goes on.