From:
Sue Zamora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:09:25 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: IL/GCFA shelter needs its members HELP now
>
>The main person keeping the GCFA shelter open became ill.  He must have
>bed rest, or this could develop into a serious situation for this person,
>the ferrets, and the shelter.
>
>Norm was pale and exhausted when last I saw him.  Now he should be
>resting and sleeping.  That is not going to happen without YOUR help.
>
>I have rescheduled everything to work Friday from Morning to late
>evening.  If you are coming-Email me what time,so I expect a knock on
>the door.

My friend Patty and I went to the shelter Friday to join Lisette in her
quest for "fun".  And oh, what fun we had!!!  There's something about
being in the same room with a zillion ferrets that is indescribable.
Old, young, cute, bald...you name it.  GCFA has them all.  They were more
than happy to make us feel wanted and appreciated.  (We received many,
many kisses.) They were just begging for more attention.  We tried to
accommodate them but there's just so many.  They really need to go to
"forever" homes where they can get more hours of love and attention.  All
these guys get is 30 minutes a day...just 30 minutes!  That's all there's
time for (unless we forget to set the timer).  Then they get a little
extra.  There's just too many groups that need to go out and only 2
"playpens".  So, if you have a little extra room in your house and in
your heart (and live in the Chicagoland area), check out the GCFA and
find out what "FUN" is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out their website at www.gcfa.com for more info and new photos of
those faces that you won't be able to resist!

Sue