From:
Chris Matlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:49:44 -0400
Picture this, a happy cooking sound comes from the kitchen.  Ah, you
think, spying the wok, Chinese food.  But you would be wrong.  Instead
in the wok is ground turkey being cooked.  The hood vent is on full
blast in hopes of containing the rather nauseating smell to the kitchen.
I stand, wooden spatula in hand, surrounded by the Matlick Pride - Ghost,
Freyr & Seti - who plaintively mew and twine around my ankles.

After the dreaded mixture is cooked, it is transferred to the Kitchen Aid
food processor.  Yes, nothing but the best for my girls.  The transfer is
accompanied by squeals of pain from me as hot, melted turkey fat splashed
onto my bare arms, and even more urgent squeals from the Pride.  I puree
the nasty mess of turkey to a fine goo.  Next into the Kitchen Aid goes
ferret kibble, which has been soaked in boiled water in order to make it
mushy.  Are you getting hungry yet?  There is more!  Opening the top I
pour in a liberal amount of ferret tone and continue to emulsify.  Wow,
I now wish we had an industrial strength hood over our entire kitchen
counter.  One more ingredient.  Opening the lid again, this time with my
face averted to prevent the steam treatment I crack two eggs in and again
start the blades whirring.

Satisfied that the girls' homemade goo is now ready, I shuffle to the
sink, again trailed by the Pride who have now decided that perhaps they
should take things into their own paws and inspect from the counter tops.
Shouting, flailing my foot and spatula, I dissuade the Pride.for now.

Getting out the special small square dishes purchased from the Pampered
Chef specifically for the girls (no, they are not spoiled) I pour out two
portions of the goo.  The rest is sealed in a contained and put, much to
the dismay of the Pride, into the refrigerator.

I set Dubs' dish in her tent, wake her up, plop her in front of the goo
and close the flap.  Freyr is brazen enough to eat the goo while Dubs is
eating if it is accessible.  Traipsing up to the ferret room, I dispense
this lovely appetizer to the Evil Twins.  The cats fear Arcas, so the
Pride resists the urge to invade the ferret room.  Back downstairs I find
two members of the Pride IN the sink licking the spoon which I used to
dispense said goo.  Well at least they weren't trying to lick the wok.

www.hotspur.us/bacca

Ferrets - Costuming - Red Hats