Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:45:39 +1300
To the lost, the needy, neglected and scorned,
To the loved, the needed, spoiled and mourned.
To the hungry, the thirsty, the ones in pain,
To the happy, cared for, (and sometimes insane)

This is for you, those ferrets up high
Riding that Rainbow - that bridge in the sky.
We love you, we miss you, we mourn you and more
We're grateful you're happy and playing (we're sure!)

We're sad that you're gone, been taken away,
We're sad that no longer with you will we play.
We're happy that you are no longer in pain.
We're happy (well kinda) our loss is your gain.

Our hearts, they are filled with the grief that we bear
Those same hearts that once were filled with your care.
We know that one day we will see you again
For now we wish that time was at hand.

To those that are missing, hungry, in pain
Remember we're looking, calling your name
Remember we're hoping for your safe return
If you're over the Bridge, that this we will learn

Those we have lost over days, weeks or years
We've given our hearts, lives, souls and tears.
Those ferrets took something vital away,
Yet also they've passed on more that will stay.

They've given us love, patience and hope
They've given us choices, helped us to cope
They've given us joy, an ability to play
They've given us support, here day to day

Let us remember that they loved and cared
Let us help others know what we shared
Bring us the joy that they used to have
Bring us the memories they readily gave

At the Rainbow they'll run, jump, leap and play
Until that time when we'll join them one day
At the Bridge they will dance and anticipate
When we will join them and cross through the gate.

Sam