From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1993 08:23:01 -0400
> bites he had ever seen.  The ferret, he said, was owned by a family
> which had a small child.  One day while the child was sleeping, the
> ferret slipped into the youngster's room, and tore off much of the
> child's face.
>      This is not to say that when under the strictest supervision
> children should not be allowed to touch ferrets.  Indeed, they make

        It's statements like this that got our club in trouble with
one of the humane societies.  Our club made the front page of the
local section of Florida Today news paper.  One of the pictures was
of our president and her four children holding around 10 ferrets.
They no longer give us any ferrets. Because no one under 18 should ever
come in contact with a ferret.

> From:   Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Toys and baby shampoo

        Georgette in responce to your question on Raw Hide toys.
I don't have a clue.  I know one thing.  Don't give them any of
those fake fur mice.  Mine finished off half of it before I even
noticed.  Didn't have any complications thank god. If you give
them any plastic toys make sure you replace them before they start
to bite off parts of it.  If your not sure of a toy, only let them
play with it while your there.  Don't leave it in the cage, they
may just eat it on you.  Alot of cat toys are not made strong enough
for a ferret.  I usualy use puppy toys or small dog toys.

        After a bath, every ferret goes into hyper-drive.  They're
just trying to dry off.  It is quite a sight.

        Have a good weekend.  Have you danced with a ferret today?

        Brad, Sebastian, and Mako.