Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:43:31 -0800
To all readers and even the skip-over readers, my hat's off to you,
yes indeed.

I, Edward Lipinski, do hereby declare a most auspicious salute to the
most magnificent FML post of all time, here ... right now, and likely
for all time.

All of us should mark on our calendars that the post of 23 Jan 2009
to 24 Jan 2009 (#2009-24) is indeed the most outstanding post to have
appeared for a long, long time on the Ferret Mailing List.

You do agree, don't you?

The posting is an eye-opener and will be forever and indelibly seared
on my mind, for it exemplifies nearly all of the basic structural
elements of a classic post.

It is a demonstration of free speech. It cites factual information that
is not meant to console nor to irritate sensibilities, but rather is
the truth that will keep you free.

It gives voice to the naysayers and to those who would practice Nazi
and Soviet thought control over others with whom they violently
disagree.

It gives voice to all who contribute, regardless of the size or volume
of the contributor's post.

And lastly, it has a little bit of jaded humor that is likely
appreciated by all of us; and yes, appreciated even by the ofttimes
vilified butt of the fun, namely Edward Lipinski.

For example, from DOOKing Jay, who writes very well the following:

>We should NOT stop reading the FML; we should just stop responding to
>ANYTHING posted by Mr. L. Really, if he truly possesses the emotional
>immaturity of a 10 year old, he needs a good long "time-out". (While
>I'm sure a few of you would prefer to stake him in his yard without
>food for 3 days, let's agree that two wrongs don't make a right) If
>conversely (& less charitably), it IS his intention to upset & anger
>us, then he is a psychological sadist who should not be rewarded for
>his perverse behavior.

Oh Lordie, how I do love it, love it, love it, love it!

Thanks everybody.
Edward Lipinski