From:
TinyPrints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 06:51:20 -0500
I would think about volunteering first, before starting a rescue.
Rescues are very expensive.  Take it from me.  We have up to 30 ferrets
at any given time and our vet bills number in the $1000.00 range.  When
they enter the door, they immediately incur a $37.00 bill.  ($25.00 for
shots to be updated and $12.00 for ADV testing).  Unfortunately, most
ferrets who are turned in, will remain here for the rest of their lives.
The shelters are full of older, sicker, unwanted ferrets.  You may want
to become a foster mother to those ferrets, and have them receive the
care and love they deserve for the rest of their lives.  And the fact of
the matter is, most people who want to adopt go for the younger ferrets.
Yes, there are a very few that open their hearts up to an older ferret,
but the mast majority don't.

It is also very hard to turn away a ferret, if they are on your door
step.  Hence the reason why I have as many as I have.  We are running
at Max right now.  And are hoping to get all our bills paid off before
Christmas..........as a Christmas gift to ourselves and the vets!  The
financial strain on your personal account is overwhelming.  I know, I
have been selling everything I can find on ebay just to keep the shelter
going.  It is very tiring.

If you let us know what area you live in, we can help you find a place
where you can volunteer and/or foster.

Marguerite

TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
To Give To Our Kids this Christmas-The Giving Tree
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page4.html
Our Petfinder Page
www.petfinder.org/shelters/PA369.html
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064