From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:42:23 -0700
Mary,

The good news is that you are not alone with the ferret afraid of the
vacuum.

Our first ferret, Spice, is VERY afraid of it.  Our other ferrets either
run from it or try to "help".  But not Spice.  If she is in her cage she
stare out watching the vacuum carefully.  She has a dazed look on her
face and shakes.  Doesn't help if you do it when she is sleeping either
cause she wakes right up and does the same thing.  Holding her doesn't
work because she just wants AWAY.

If she is out she will hide for hours on end.  I mean really hide.  We
tore the house apart for 3 hours one time trying to locate her.  Finally
we found her, she had managed to go behind the fireplace (moveable) and
go to sleep.  She was perfectly happy where she was at.  She did it on
purpose, she wanted us to worry and look for her...and panic!

Spice is now 2 years old and has not changed one bit.

"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz