Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:12:11 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the range of doses of pred that is generally used for
IBD? What is the highest you would go for this condition?

I'm asking because the vet I'm now seeing (because the one who
originally prescribed pred left the practice) told me to use pepto
bismal everyday!!! for life, if necessary, to control diarrhea. I'm
sure you all know how hard it is to get pb into a ferret and it doesn't
work very well except in really high amounts. And isn't it bad to use
it a lot because of the salicylates in it?

Thanks for any info.

Shron
Minky & Klondike