Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:54:04 EDT
Ferrets, Ferret People and the Ferret Buckeye Bash! What more could
you want?

Join us, Saturday, Aug. 23rd at Veteran's Memorial Hall, downtown
Columbus, Ohio. Celebrating our 10th Anniversary of ferret shows in
Columbus!

If you don't know, the FERRET BUCKEYE BASH is a 3 Ring Championship,
Companion Ring and All Specialty Show, presented by HEART OF OHIO
FERRET ASSOCATION and RESCUE and sanctioned by the American Ferret
Association. Again this year, we are proud to have The FerretDepot.com
as our title sponsor.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is one of the largest ferret shows in the USA.
Many of you saw highlights of the Buckeye Bash on the PBS special,
Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence. This exciting PBS special produced
by Mark Lewis has been shown first in July 2007 on public broadcasting
stations all over the US and has continued in reruns giving all an
inside perspective of the world of ferrets.

HIGHLIGHTS! Again we have our Annual Photo Contest where the winner
is featured on the cover of our show catalog. Bring a photo of your
ferret and enter our PHOTO Contest for a chance for your ferret to be
on the cover in 2009!. All photos must be done by an amateur -- no
professional photos please. Voting will be done at the Ferret Buckeye
Bash. You vote for the winner and each vote will cost a minimal fee and
proceeds will be donated to a needy shelter. There is more information
on the contest posted on our website -- www.hofarescue.org.

The infamous Bob Church will be with us again to help you learn how to
" enrich" your ferret's life, how your ferrets dental health effects
him/her and more. We hope to have a couple other speakers and Kim
Schilling of Ferrets for Dummies will be with us again. Renown ferret
photographer, Jennifer Deming of Photo's with Flair there to take
photos of your ferret. You've seen her photos in the new Ferrets for
Dummies and on many well know breeders websites. We have several fun
events for you. Bring a costume for your ferret and compete in the Best
Dressed Ferret contest, get ready to test your ferret's tube skills in
the tube races. How fast can your ferret escape a paper bag? Do you
think you have the best kisser? We even Elvis and Twiggy contests.
There will so much for you and your ferret(s) to participate in. AND
don't forget our AWESOME raffle! Remember, it's your generous donations
that make this such an awesome raffle. So, if you have something to
donate to the raffle, please contact Julie Dyke at

Donations are also accepted at the show on show day also. We appreciate
your donations and remember, if you wish an ad in our show catalog in
exchange for your donation, please make sure you make a note of that
and get your artwork in to the P.O. Box or to e-mailed to me by the
deadline of AUG. 10. Also, we still need sponsors for our many of our
specialty rings and championship rings. What a great way to advertise
your business be it ferret related or not or you can sponsor in memory
of a lost loved one. Check out our sponsorship possibilities or contact
me at [log in to unmask]

We have over 25 GREAT vendors so there will be shopping galore to do.
So come and enjoy the shopping, great raffle, exceptional speakers,
fun events and the camaraderie of your fellow ferret fanatics! Show
registration paperwork with vendor, hotel and other information is
available in PDF format from our website: http://www.hofarescue.org/

If you are unable to download, contact me at [log in to unmask] and I
snail-mail it to you. Remember, all ferrets in the show hall must have
a record of current distemper and rabies (Imrab 3) vaccinations and a
current (within 6 months prior to show date) ADV negative test results
from one of the labs listed in the registration paperwork. The Ferret
Buckeye Bash is Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue's main
fundraiser. It's through the support of our generous sponsors, club
members, exhibitors, vendors, speakers and attendees, we are able to
offer this wonderful educational event to the public. Thereby, enabling
HOFA-Rescue to maintain our shelter and provide necessary support and
care for so many homeless ferrets in Central Ohio.

Hope to see everyone there!

Scarlett
Scarlett Gray-Saling,  Event Coordinator, Ferret Buckeye Bash
Julie Dyke, Co-coordinator, President
Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue
http://www.hofarescue.org/

FERRET BUCKEYE BASH
Championship and All Specialty Ferret Show
Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008
Veteran's Memorial Hall (show hall)
300 W. Broad  St.
Columbus, Ohio

Please visit our  Sponsor
Ferretdepot.com=

Ferrets, Ferret People and the Ferret Buckeye Bash! Watch for reruns
of: FERRETS: The Pursuit of Excellence on your local PBS Station