Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 14:35:48 GMT
Hi i hope this is the right addres for me to post it has been a while.

I was at petco yesterday to check out and see if they had the treats that
were being talked about and I was asked if I was interested in adopting
( free ) a ferret that had been brought back to the store as the owners
house had been condemed .I said I would try to post to this list about
her in case somone was interested the manager ( I think ) that I talked
with really wanted to find a home insted of taking her to a shelter.  i
played with her for a while so I could tell you what she seemed to be
like and to pass on what they told me .

here is the info on Sabrina the ferret.  2yrs aprox came in with very
overgrown toenails and insisors , nails were imeadiatly taken care of and
they had a vet appointemnt for the teeth and a gerneral check up later
that day or the next .  she is a small sable but not over or underweight
.her teeth are long as she has only ever been on soft waterd foods ( they
have introduced hard food she isnt eating it yet but plang with it ) she
is I think a sable color.  she does not apear to be using the litterpan
in the cage she is in that also told me that they do not think she has
been caged but probably roaming free in the house she was in as she
doesnt seem very comfortable in the cage .  she was a ral sweety not one
nibble to my fingers and I held her for a while she was very excited to
be out of the cage and didnt mind being help but really did act like she
wanted freedom to roam around the room as Isaid they are having her vet
checked ( not sure what other than the teeth is being done ) the lady I
talked to said they were going to talk to the vet to see what else they
could do to get her to eat hard food.  she is a marshal farms ferret.  i
am not an expert and I know there can be hidden things but overall she
looks healty they will keep her for 72 hours after the vet check that is
there policy but they would lik her to go to a home not a shelter if they
can you can contack Kim Bennett at mattydale NY petco 315-454-3949

thanks
Mel

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
WOW....What a ride!!!