From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 11:48:05 -0400
Ferret Bites:
I on occaision will pick these up as treats for the bratties.  They do tend
to dry out quickly though :-(.  Molly once managed to teleport her way to
where they were kept 6' high, and knock the box over.  Then she ripped it
open and ate the whole thing.  Had a terrible case of the runs for the next
24 hours or so, but recovered on her own by the next evening.  The vet
positively roared when I called him about it, and told me to just make sure
she didn't dehydrate, and if her system hadn't recovered in about 24 hours,
to bring her in.

FERRETWARE
You might need to change the name of your software.  There is a company
called FerretWare based out of CA that already uses the name for their line
of Ferret based products.

DRY PADS
I use vitamin E oil on my ferrets pads.  The hard part is to get them to not
lick it all off- they think it is a treat :-).  It seems to do the trick,
especially with the older ferrets.  Also, if you use clay litter, you might
want to think about switching to a pelletized paper litter- seems less
drying on their pads.

KEEPING FERRETS HIDDEN
Keeping your ferrets away from people is only going to continue to
perpetuate any rumors of ferrets being vicious.  Continue to take your
ferrets out in public.  When people want to pet them, hold the ferret on
your arm with his head tucked into your elbow.  Offer the rump end.  Tell
people that their hands might have different germs that the ferret is not
immune to that could make him sick, so it is not good for a strangers hands
to be near their head.  Worse thing that can happen with the butt end of the
ferret is when the Hob "woofs" sending the whole neighborhood running for
gas masks :-).

ALICIA'S QUARANTINE STORY
"I was bitten and have yet to start foaming at the mouth."

LOL!!!  I know the feeling- although my husband says I foam when I get
really, really angry...

JUDGE GRIFFIN
Thank God that there are some "powers" who still can think sanely and
rationally.  I sent him a thank you card, only about three sentences but
the point was made.  It was handwritten on a thank you note.

-Anne