From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 20:58:42 -0500
Please accept the gratitude of Ferret Rescue of the Western States for the
donations and thoughtfulness of those who remember and appreciate the
shelters out there.  Guess I made the ultimate sacrifice when I lost my job
a couple weeks ago for administering emergency care to a ferret in dire
need and met the wrath of its regular vet.  Never mind that it was a Sunday
morning and he had left orders at the animal emergency hospital where I
work---ed that he preferred not to be disturbed on nights and weekends.
Never mind that one reason that the ferret was in such bad shape was
because he knew nothing about ferrets.  Just my bad luck that he was a
shareholder in the hospital and it only took a phone call to end my career.

HOWEVER, the shelter work and ferret health are more important to me than a
job so I guess I will look for employment in another field.  Not all vets
put their egos ahead of their patients.  The same day I was fired I received
a call from another vet who wanted an opion on a ferret patient she had
admitted.  And then a local citizen called with a ferret problem (you can be
sure I asked if he had a regular vet beforer I offered assistance--although
this will never preclude my helping when it is needed).  But being
unemployed and with 30 mouths to feed in this shelter, the donations came at
a good time.  Thanks so much.

Ferret Rescue of the Western States