From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:57:34 -0400
1) When a person returns a ferret to a shelter because they can no longer
take care of them, they usually return ALL of the ferrets, "Not Just
One".  You chose to return Phoebe because you said you could no longer
afford/financialy to take care of her any more, right?  But yet you kept
the other ferrets.  Not all rescues/shelters that use foster home pay for
the care and feeding of the said ferrets.  This way of thinking should
not be assumed.

How do you know Phoebe didn't get the same care from Terri?  Are you just
assuming this or do you know this for a FACT?  My point is, if you feel
you would have been able to take better care of the ferret better
yourself then Terri, then why did you return her?

As far as Phoebe dying in Terri's care, you yourself stated that Phoebe
was VERRY SICK.  It sounds like she was going to die no matter where she
was although you never stated what time length she died in from the time
you gave her up to the time she died with Terri.  AND what makes you
think that Terri didn't do the best for this ferret?

2) Now, as far as discrimination, WE RESCUES/SHELTERS have every right to
turn down anyone we feel my not have the ferrets best interest at heart.
It is our right as rescue/shelter operators to turn down or accept an
potential ferret adopter as we see fit in the interest of the ferrets.

As for the girl that the shelter would not adopt to her, how old is she?
Legally anyone UNDER the age of 18-21 years old cannot sign legal paper
work.  (Adoption contracts are legal papers.) The papers must be signed
by an adult and since the ages for an adult varies, she may need to be
21.  We also have the right to refuse to adopt to someone if we feel that
they may not be able to afford future medical bills that are unforeseen.
When we adopt our ferrets out, we try our darndest to make sure that they
are going to Forever Homes, and the key word is FOREVER.

Here's a question, didn't you volunteer at Terri's shelter?  Why did
you stop helping out?  Think about it.

These are just my thoughts for now.  I would hate to see Little Dudes
Ferret Ranch suffer because of your constant Ranting & Wining about them.

These are just some of my thoughts on this for now.