From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 09:15:57 -0400
I have to admit I am excessively proud of Belle, our first ferret, my sweet
little sprite.  She went 3 for 3 at the Ferret Extravaganza in Cincinatti
yesterday.  Our boys also did themselves proud, taking home ribbons in every
category entered.

Belle floated to a first in the Lightest ferret speciality, weighing in a 1
lb even.  She waltzed to a first in the costume contest, wearing her lovely
lavendar southern belle outfit.  And she was just crochety enough to take
first place in the Grandma speciality.

Buttons got a 9th in one ring of the highly competitive kit class, and
appropriately snoozed through the costume contest to take 3rd in his sleepy
time outfit.

Caruso found the whole thing a tad boring, and took first in the yawning
contest.

Belle and Buttons were also filmed by the local TV station, Channel 12, and
we are eagerly awaiting word from our Cincy friends if they made the 11
o'clock news.

A fun if somewhat exhausting time was had by all.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html