From:
"Suzanna C. Donahue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:01:00 -0500
Does anyone here know anything about inflammatory bowel disease?  Zinc has
been diagnosed with it (through biopsy).  Although I am familiar with the
condition in humans, I am not sure of it's effects and treatments in
ferrets.  Prednisone has been prescribed as a treatment, but it seems to
be such a drastic measure.  (I have experienced its effects first-hand.)
The interesting thing is that the diarrhea has virtually stopped since
I've been feeding her watered-down, mushed-up Totally Ferret (post surgery
food).  Could a change in diet help, instead of putting her on prednisone?
Was the diagnosis a "default diagnosis" or is inflammatory bowel disease
diagnosed through a positive biopsy?  Does anyone have experience with this
that they could share with me?

I so much appreciate your help on this and am sorry if this has been
discussed before.  I did check the archives but didn't find a lot of
helpful information.

Suzanna