Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:17:13 -0600
Hi Dawn and everyone,

You asked about feeding your ferrets grasshoppers and crickets. My
ferrets love them. We live in the Midwest and there are plenty of wild
crickets around here for them to eat. Every once in a while they will
find one in the house and demolish it. Sometimes I find three puffy
ferrets surrounding a moving cricket and then later I will find a pile
of 6 spiny little legs. All three ferrets of mine have eaten crickets
and there have never been an adverse reaction except for the coughing
when they are spitting out the legs. As far as grasshoppers, they just
like to tease the big green ones, one time they pulled all the legs
off and then left it alone...gross. I haven't ever seen them eat a
grasshopper.

Not only are crickets good eatin', I think they truly enjoy the chase.

Pam & Unit, Bernie, and Ralph.