From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 16:18:16 +0400
Okay, I'm a slow learner.

After buying three keyboards in the year since the ferrets came to live with
me, I thought I had developed a spill-proof solution for having coffee,
ferrets, and computer activities co-exist.  I got one of those cups with the
nearly spill-proof tops.  I got a drawer for the keyboard to be pushed in
under the desk when I was not around.  I got one of those cup holders to
clip into a file drawer to keep cups out of reach.

So today, Francine (small black sable) got in between the desktop and the
keyboard drawer, and somehow opened the drawer (she knows how to open other
drawers from the inside).  From atop the keyboard, she leaned over and pried
the top off the coffee cup (I have the teeth marks to prove it).  Then she
grabbed the cup in her mouth by the rim and heaved the cup up out of the
holder, and dragged it across the keyboard, up on the desk, and behind the
monitor, leaving a trail of cafe au lait in her wake.

No, she doesn't like to drink coffee, but she likes to play in it.

Fortunately.  And I am now the proud owner of a new sleek, black
Selectric-style keyboard.  Those who know me will not be surprised that one
of the first things I did with it was to pop the Windows 95 buttons off of
it.  To help pay for it, I raided the ferrets' savings account, under the
bed.  nearly $15 this time, all in ones.

Who can get mad at them?

-- Lee