From:
Wilsonmarc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:51:57 EDT
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I think I've seen the impossible!  My oldest ferret, Silver (about 5 years
>old now), decided he just *had* to have a drink from the large water dish,
>even though his water bottle is only a few inches away from where the dish
>is.  So... he stuck his entire face (eyes and all!) under the water and
>sucked up water until he was full!  I don't know how he did that...no
>breathing, no snorting, nothing...just sucking in water!

Not impossible ... just FLO special training!

My late Rascal did the same thing.  When I would change the water in the
Croc- Loc bowls in their cage, she would dart up the ramps to get to
whichever level I picked to change first.  As I would be spinning the "nut"
to attach the bowl to the cage, Rascal would dunk her whole head (above her
eyes and nearly to her ears) in the water to take a drink.  When she was
done, she would lift her head and shake off all the water clinging to her
fur ... needless to say a good amount would end up in my face!  And Rascal
wouldn't make a sound either.  LOL!  Boy do I miss my little angel!

Marc Wilson and the Tres Amigos (Bandit and Slinky ... missing their sister
Rascal)