From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:10:09 -0700
I'm not saying yay or nay necessarily on the broader issue but In response
to Julie's feelings below;
>there are worse things than death, even a death of thirst and starvation:

Like living in a filthy cage for years slowly dying and finally succumbing
of starvation, thirst and disease after years of misery.  I mean face it -
whats the point of putting them through all that?

The Wash DC Humane Society's response was interesting.  I think they are
right that ferrets are easily neglected and abused.  I think there are a
lot of neglected ferrets in basements, garages and shed's out there.
Mary